Sunday, February 7, 2010

I heard that the East Coast drinks primarily Dunkin Donuts coffee. True?

I live in the midwest and we are COFFEE DRINKERS. We have Starbucks, Bagel-n-Bagle, Panera, and whole variety of locally owned coffee shops. I heard today from a co-worker whose wife frequently visits the East Cost that their main source of fancy-away-from-home coffee is Dunkin Donuts.


Is this true? I find this rather humerous because Dunkin Donuts around here is for DONUTS and then perhaps a cup of coffee, not the other way around.I heard that the East Coast drinks primarily Dunkin Donuts coffee. True?
I don't know about the whole east coast, but in New England dunkin donuts is definitely the shop of choice for coffee. We have small coffee shops as well, but for price and convenience nobody beats dunkin. They have a strong marketing presence here and a lot of our workers who are out on the roads all day scoff at anyone with a starbuck mocha frappa latte caramellitto with two pumps of whatever. It also helps that there's a dunkin on the corner every couple of miles.I heard that the East Coast drinks primarily Dunkin Donuts coffee. True?
i think they love starbucks here.....i live on the east coast....
I live in New York where there seems to be a Starbucks on every corner. I like the coffee at Dunkin Donuts much more. Starbucks overroasts their beans - Charbucks - yuck.
DD's is the best. You have to try it. Starbuck's is good, but too strong. You get alot of varity @ DD's.
Coffee is gross...I don't drink any of it. As a matter of fact, when I want my tea from Starbucks I have to check to make sure there isn't a line so I don't have to stand there and inhale the awful stench of coffee.
Love there iced coffee, hazelnut flavor. All I get there, east coast.
haha. no. Dunkin Donuts is TRYING to be the coffee makers, but we, too, have Starbucks, Panera, and whatnot for coffee.
It's true. I noticed the change when I moved from Oregon to New Hampshire.... suddenly there were Dunkin Donuts everywhere. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but apparently these days DD has quite a variety of different coffees, so it's not just your $1 cup of joe.





Also, people on the east coast seem (relatively) health-conscious; it might be the case that DD doesn't make enough dough (pfft!) from selling doughnuts, so they've had to promote their coffees heavily in order to make a profit.





Still, DD seems to be more of a ';commuter coffee'; business than anything else, at least here in NH. People take a quick trip through the drive-thru on their way to work. But if they're out with friends roaming around town, they're more likely to stop in at a Starbucks or a local independent coffee house.
i drink WA WA coffee every day ,there on every corner

No comments:

Post a Comment