Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that a lot of East Asians [Chinese, Japanese, Koreans] don't like people from India?

Disliking someone is a personal preference. His/Her race or ethnicity has nothing to do with it. But considering the fact that both China and India have the longest continuing civilizations and one of the richest cultures, I like them equally. I've always been fond of Indian people and their culture. All the Chinese people I've met respect them as well.





Nice guy and Chise: You two make me laugh. Japan and South Korea are the most xenophobic Asian countries, so both of your poor logic fail in this case. Should I define ';Xenophobic'; for you? I'm sure your brain is capable or that.....or maybe not. China, after all, is the #1 Tourist Country in Asia, which means the Chinese people are a lot more tolerant of foreigners than Japanese and Koreans. I suggest you don't judge the whole Chinese population. I've seen many Indians on Chinese TV Shows. The Chinese people are, in fact, very fond of them. How many times will you seen Indians on Japanese or Korean TV shows?Is it true that a lot of East Asians [Chinese, Japanese, Koreans] don't like people from India?
as I have seen on yahoo and in reality. I can't tell for all people. because some east indian also dislike the east asians as well..... I'm caucasian but was born in asia. I had east indian-thai friend who looked almost like the normal indian. this girl doesn't dislike east asian but she doesn't find east asian people look attractive and would rather go for her own culture than east asian culture ( this girl is pretty)....at the same time some of the indians that I know. they don't mind east asians and wanted to be east asian or dislike themselves because of the complexion and wanted to have a girlfriend like chinese or japanese.








chise : I agree with her because I have seen some chinese who don't like indians people as well as some indians who dislike chinese people.Is it true that a lot of East Asians [Chinese, Japanese, Koreans] don't like people from India?
It's not true.I'm east asian(half japanese half korean) and like indian people.





many people in japan/korea are interested in India/Indian culture very much. and love indian people. ^ ^


India have great history, great religions, customs.. etc.





but chinese are jealous of india.. because some chinese who believe they can be superpower of the world..think india is the biggest rival with usa.
I dont know if it is true.





See how many Indians living in Hong Kong as their permanent home, you would know we dont dislike Indians at all.





btw, my cousin who was born in England is married to a very handsome Indian guy who was also born in England. He is a very smart engineer.














***********Edit : by reading the statements of users '; chise '; and '; haas';, it just tells us that both of them in fact are jealous of China going to be the super power of the world.








************@ omnigamo....... For northern chinese not liking southern chinese, it is because southern chinese are smaller and the relatively darker skin, as I have heard of it before.





Since 1970 the southern china has started the industrilisation successfully and many billionaires were born. More northerners have to come down to the south to look for jobs, the situation of southerners being discriminated against was reversed. The southerners becomes more wealthy and they start to look down on the northerners for their poverty.





Whereas, the northerners, like your wife, still discriminate agaisnt the southerners for the body sizes and darker skin tones.
i like south asian people. i seem to get very well with them as colleagues and as friends. i dont know if it's because the gentle demeanor hinduism/buddism has influenced them. because of their gentle and respectful disposition, i feel close to them as i have similar disposition.
Some like them, some not like them, my parents think is good if I have friends born India, not want me marry man born India, China, Korea, USA, Africa, etc. however.
I live in India but I hate Indians and despise them. Not just Indians but I hate all Asians..





Hating them just makes me feel complete.
yes





not only that, but lots of people from beijing don't like people from south china, or from any of the southern asian countries
I think Koreans and Japanese are among the few people who respect us Indians but exceptions always exist.





BUT, China is a BIG FAT NO.
It's not a good idea to generalize. I've no problem whatsoever with Indian people. I like Indian curry and some bollywood dancing!
I dont think the parents of East Asians would be thrilled if their daughter married an Indian. From what i've noticed this seems to be true.
I think the first and maybe second generation might not. But most third generations are open. My parents are huge racists!
Chinese, Japanese, and Koreans hate each other more than they dislike India.
Minorities often look down upon each other.
depends the person really.

No comments:

Post a Comment